Social media management experience with a large organisation/political account – understanding of strategic planning/clear writing/content strategy.
• Native-level English speaker. Knowledge of at least another EU language desirable.
• Excellent writing skills. The candidate should be able to understand complex texts and statements and extract meaningful messages for social media.
• Creative mind-set.
• Knowledge of social media monitoring and analytics (Hootsuite, Digimind, Brandwatch).
• Experience in running social media ads and paid campaigns.
• Up to date on the latest developments in digital communications.
• Excellent team player. Willingness to work within a large network of domain stakeholders and ability to present to and negotiate with several actors is a must.
The following skills/experiences would be an advantage:
• Eye for graphic design and knowledge of Adobe Creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
• Some knowledge of Drupal CMS and search engine optimisation.
• Experience in working inside the European institutions and some knowledge of economic and financial affairs.
Social Media Manager Responsibilities
• Plan and post on social media channels.
• Respond to posts, starting and engage in online discussions.
• Content management – contribute to the development of content and planning (including but not limited to infographics, maps, videos, tweets, country specific material, etc).
• Coordinate and liaise with other EC accounts, institutions and stakeholders (including but not limited to Cabinets, DGs/Services, Parliament, CoR, Council, Representations in Member States, etc).
• Focus on finding synergies with the central social media accounts and contribute content to the corporate social media outlets.
• Social media analysis, monitoring and reporting: use the provided corporate tools, collect data and prepare regular reports; provide meaningful data to external contractors for in-depth reports; keep track of topics related; optimise posting activity on social media channels.
• Track web traffic from social media using Piwik, including the use of UTM parameters.
• Prepare social media plans for events, publication launches, coordinated activities inside and outside of the institutions.
• Develop a long term strategy for social media presence using an editorial calendar, a content strategy and a community management strategy.
• Reports to the Digital Media Coordinator and the Team Leader for Digital Media, Audio-visual, Publications and Internal Communication.
• Provides editorial and language-checking support to the rest of the team.
• Stays informed and liaise on the work of the Press, Events, Publications, Inter-institutional, Internal Communications teams.