o be able to execute a large, multi-year program & keep running the Business as Usual, we want to strengthen the BI team with a Business Intelligence developer. Are you an experienced BI practitioner and do you think your expertise can make the difference?
• The Business Intelligence team ensures that the different business units have the right insights deducted from raw data.
• The team provides these insights via standard Cognos reports & dashboards, Qlik Sense self-service cubes, ad-hoc deep-dive data analysis and advanced analytics (e.g. predictive models).
• The commissioning team within BI calculates all variable pay & commissions in an automated way.
• We assist management in making the right tactical & strategic decisions based on data.
As BI Developer - Commissioning you’re responsible to handle all remuneration and commission related questions. This means:
• Understanding current commissioning landscape.
• Being a partner for business in defining & challenging new commissioning requirements.
• Executing gap analysis & defining solution design.
• Adapting the configuration (commission rules) in the commissioning tool (Oracle DB & Microsoft Access).
• Developing & maintaining the right reporting in the commissioning tool.
• Bridging business & IT in projects with commissioning impact (Agile project methodology).
Required skills & experience
• You have a Master degree Commercial/Civil Engineer, Applied Economics, Computer Sciences, Information Management or equal in experience.
• You have a very good knowledge of Oracle SQL (PL/SQL) & Microsoft Access, VBA expertise is a plus.
• Commissioning experience (variable remuneration, incentive compensation management, gamification, what-if, …) is a plus.
• You have at least 3 years of experience working as BI or IT analyst/developer.
• You can identify gaps in the business information needs and know how to capture BI requirements using the right interview & workshop techniques. You can define a conceptual data model & translate business needs into a functional design for the IT agile scrum teams.
• You have experience working with reporting & insights. Facts & dimensions have no secrets for you. You also know how to turn data into meaningful visualizations.
• Having Telecom industry experience is a plus.
• You are familiar with the agile scrum project methodology. A project management certificate is a plus.
• You have a very good knowledge of Dutch & English. French is a plus.
• You combine a strong business affinity with a great interest in data crunching.
• You have great communication & presentation skills and know how to convince people
• You are eager to learn and you do not avoid any challenge
• You can manage your own planning & priorities and can align with stakeholders of every level to come to the desired result
• You have a good portion of assertiveness and you dare to challenge your stakeholders where needed
• You are flexible and love to work in a very dynamic & changing environment
• You understand what it takes to work with confidential corporate data